Danisnotonfire & AmazingPhil

Home Forum Youtuber Discussion Danisnotonfire & AmazingPhil Danisnotonfire & AmazingPhil

This topic contains 27 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  freezemachine 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

lala
    Participant
      • Topics Created: 0
      • Replies Created: 1
      • Total Created: 1
      • Trash Talker

omg i used to be really fucking into them, together, separately, and a bunch of my friends followed suit. this was in 2009 up until late 2011, early 2012. the last amazing thing that rocked my world was finding an unlisted video on PHIL’S account. i think i still have it on my old laptop and i would show it to you all if i could!!!

momo
    Participant
      • Topics Created: 3
      • Replies Created: 151
      • Total Created: 154
      • Super Trash Talker
      • ★★

omg i used to be really fucking into them, together, separately, and a bunch of my friends followed suit. this was in 2009 up until late 2011, early 2012. the last amazing thing that rocked my world was finding an unlisted video on PHIL’S account. i think i still have it on my old laptop and i would show it to you all if i could!!!

is it the voldy vid?

coffee
    Participant
      • Topics Created: 1
      • Replies Created: 146
      • Total Created: 147
      • Super Trash Talker
      • ★★

I wanted to ask this question on the Dan & Phil thread on GG but because it moves so fast, I was afraid that my post would get lost. Anyway, do they have girlfriends? I think it’s very smart of them not to reveal anything about their personal life on social media

momo
    Participant
      • Topics Created: 3
      • Replies Created: 151
      • Total Created: 154
      • Super Trash Talker
      • ★★

I wanted to ask this question on the Dan & Phil thread on GG but because it moves so fast, I was afraid that my post would get lost. Anyway, do they have girlfriends? I think it’s very smart of them not to reveal anything about their personal life on social media

no they don’t, the phandom is very thorough and good at finding out what they want about dan & phil (especially on gg, the amount information they have is crazy) but neither have had a girlfriend since youtube.

Corrie
    Participant
      • Trash Talker

Neither of them are seeing anyone, I can kinda see why though.  First off it doesn’t fit in with Dan and Phil’s own image that they put across, the “We spend all our time inside, scrolling on tumblr and we have no friends” image which is getting a bit silly now as they are both in their late twenties (Phil is nearly 30 now!). Second of all, if one of the boy’s did begin to date someone – that person would be ripped to shreds by the phandom (which is totally unfair and not cool!). I hope one day the both start seeing someone, because they can’t keep up the whole “We spend all our time inside, scrolling on tumblr and we have no friends”  thing forever annnnd the phandom need to grow up asap!!!!!

dogmeat
    Participant
      • Trash Talker

I guess I used to be kind of into Dan a while back, I thought his videos were pretty funny but the whole ‘I’m so awkward’ shtick got old fast. He’s like the living embodiment of those cringy tumblr shirts. I’ve never been a fan of Phil tho, idk why; I guess I just think it’s a bit weird because it’s obvious to me how old he is and it’s off-putting seeing him do the whole innocent kid act?

I did reaaaally like their Sims playthrough though, up until like episode 22 or something like that. I haven’t checked their gaming channel in forever. I don’t really have anything to do with them now– Or I try not to. The Phandom makes that hard. I think their fans are probably the worst thing about them, but I kind of feel like nobody would know who they were if their fans weren’t so rabid? You heard youtubers say they wouldn’t be were they were without their fans, but imo that reaaaally applies to Dan & Phil

That might just be me tho  :shrug:

freezemachine
    Participant
      • Topics Created: 4
      • Replies Created: 1978
      • Total Created: 1982
      • Master Trash Talker
      • ★★★★★

They’re gay/bi/pan and in a relationship with each other though, right? I thought that was an open secret like with Joey Graceffa? But even Joey’s come out now.

Doll
    Participant
      • Replies Created: 4
      • Total Created: 4
      • Trash Talker

I like them. Never believed much about them being together, but it does seem odd to be 25/30, not dating anyone, having a house mate, etc.

Jumping on the train about Phil’s maturity. I love them – I really do, but it gets a little much. I feel like he could/should just adjust it from being “so innocent and not understanding” to “omg what is lit. netflix and chill??? wtf” cause it’d be more realistic. I’d believe more about jokes about not understanding what “Netflix and Chill” meant over pretending to not know what a simple sex joke is.

They’re a lot better when they’re filming together. It feels less forced.

(Dev)astated
    Participant
      • Replies Created: 25
      • Total Created: 25
      • Trash Talker

I like Dan and Phil, and have been following each for over 12 months, and would agree with what people are saying here. I enjoy their videos – the gaming videos especially, I always go back to them when I need a laugh – but it would be great to see varied content that isn’t aimed at the demographic of 13 – 18 year olds. When I started watching Dan, I was going through a hard time in my life, and his videos helped me out a lot – there’s no love lost, it’s just over the course of a 12-18 months, you start to notice some things…

For example, I’d say six months ago, Dan did “going deep” or something, where they talked about philosophy, the meaning of life, and generally had a more academic conversation (along those lines). It was something that extended upon the metaphysical ‘snippets’ he often offers in videos. Now that I dig, and it seems like Dan does too, and that he’s quite knowledgeable on the subject – it would be nice to see him do a bit of a Louise Pentland and say, ‘I’m talking about this on my channel because I’m an adult and I want to and if you don’t like it, fudge off’ or even to bring more of an academic feel to his videos, and if he wanted to talk about more complex themes, then begin to educate the younger viewers.

One thing Dan and Phil have always got right for me though, and this is considering the UK laws, is their advertising on YouTube – they ALWAYS disclaim when they’re being paid to do stuff and when they’re not. I know it’s a UK law, but I am so so sick of YouTubers promoting products they “love” without disclosing if this is a paid promotion or not, and with Dan and Phil at least let you know.
    And it wouldn’t surprise me about not having partners, though they seem like wonderful completely-datable guys, but fuck me their fanbase is full-on.

blndsundoll4mj
    Participant
      • Replies Created: 12
      • Total Created: 12
      • Trash Talker

I really don’t think the boys are dating, but i wouldn’t be surprised if phil was gay :whistle: Phil is reallllly cringey and I try to like him since i like Dan but he just seems so fake. His innocent, doe-eyed persona pisses me off, the obvious inneundos are so fucking annoying. Seriously he reminds me of this girl from high school who pretended not to know what rape was. :scratch:

(Dev)astated
    Participant
      • Replies Created: 25
      • Total Created: 25
      • Trash Talker

I think they certainly wouldn’t be as well known if they weren’t a duo, but more critical friend (as in pewdiepie/cinnamontoastken) I think they’d still be quite big in the UK. I’m in Australia and they’re no that big – I have seen one of their books in a chain bookstore here, but thats about it? I could be wrong as they ended up touring here in a few theatres in major cities.

Re: the power of the phandom, you probably heard about this but about a year ago, Dan and Phil went out to dinner to a chinese restaurant and posted a selfie on Twitter – I think there was a wallpaper and an indoor plant in it, anyway someone in the phandom recognised the background as a restaurant in London, and posted the address. Anyway, they were swarmed with people – apparently they were quite scared. I only remember it because a lot of people were tweeting/retweeting, but yeah – if the phandom can find out where they are from a potted plant and a bit of wallpaper, I’d be EXTREMELY wary of what I put out there and what I didn’t. Maybe a part of their “tumblr, no leave house, no friends” (I don’t believe for a moment they dont have a group of friends) is partly contributed to feeling like they are constantly on a never ending season of Big Brother?

GODDESS
    Participant
      • Trash Talker

I kinda wanna bring it back up since the new tinder vid Dan made everyone’s still wondering if he’s bi or not 😂

freezemachine
    Participant
      • Topics Created: 4
      • Replies Created: 1978
      • Total Created: 1982
      • Master Trash Talker
      • ★★★★★

I still think they’re dating each other.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.