General Booktube Discussion

Home Forum Booktube General Booktube Discussion

This topic contains 36 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  she who watches 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author

she who watches
    Participant
      • Topics Created: 0
      • Replies Created: 2
      • Total Created: 2
      • Trash Talker

Thanks for all the recommendations!!  I don’t read much YA, either; it’s weird to me that most of Booktube seems to focus on it.  (It’s fine that they read what they like. . . it’s just odd to be kind of a niche within a niche.) I honestly feel like I have most in common with RetiredBookNerd, and I think I’m about her daughter’s age! . . .

One of my current favorites who posts frequently is That’s What She Read.  We have some similar opinions on books in general, and she doesn’t read much YA, either.

Climb The Stacks and All The Shelves are a treat whenever they upload, but they are busy with non-Booktube pursuits often, and I can’t blame them for that at all.

For pure personality, I think Hannah Tay is really awesome.  I can’t even remember what she normally reads, to be honest. . . I think it’s a pretty big mix.  I just really like her chatty style.

My personal “lost BookTube gem” is Conrad, formerly from The Deckled Edge (he’s gone through a couple more channel names since then).  He’s such a deep thinker, and I loved hearing his thoughts, but he’s been ill, and I’m not sure he’s going to get back to book reviews.

Quentin
    Participant
      • Replies Created: 169
      • Total Created: 169
      • Super Trash Talker
      • ★★

Does anyone else get annoyed by the rainbow bookshelf tour challenge? I keep my books in order by author and series. Throwing all your books on the shelf like that might look pretty but it is a mess if you actually want to find something…

tomas
    Participant
      • Replies Created: 4
      • Total Created: 4
      • Trash Talker

The best book out of youtube is joey gracefa ones

tomas
    Participant
      • Replies Created: 4
      • Total Created: 4
      • Trash Talker

The best book out of youtube is joey gracefa ones

yes i do

Fayee
    Participant
      • Topics Created: 1
      • Replies Created: 240
      • Total Created: 241
      • Super Trash Talker
      • ★★

i love chapterstackss so much

https://media.giphy.com/media/O1zv7mjlqyVTq/giphy.gif

vunderland
    Participant
      • Replies Created: 51
      • Total Created: 51
      • Trash Talker

ik nobody has posted here in ages but does anyone else fucking cringe every single time they’re subjected to booksandlala’s nails? they look so bad! I had to stop watching her ig stories bc of the way they like? lift off her nails almost diagonally?

I love her as a booktuber but ahh they make me cringe

it’s a long shot but does anyone know any youtuber similar to lily c? I find her honesty and rants so refreshing, a lot of booktubers only talk about YA or won’t swear or only do non spoiler reviews and I cant seem to find any as fun to watch as lilycreads, I def recommend her (though her uploading is sporadic)

she who watches
    Participant
      • Replies Created: 2
      • Total Created: 2
      • Trash Talker

I wish there were more like LilyCReads.  I follow some who sometimes do rants and spoilers (like Francina Simone, Jordan Harvey, Casey Aonso, and InsaneReader), but they are all pretty YA oriented, and aren’t really in the same vein as Lily’s.  Also, I apologize in advance if you check out InsaneReader and are annoyed by the way he tries to speak like Jenna Marbles.  I am more bothered by that than I am by the fact that I would never pick up any of the books that he reads!!

If anybody has been following the Noctural Reader’s Box drama of late (horror-themed sub box gone wrong), I’d love to hear more thoughts on it!  I felt like it wasn’t my place to discuss it on social media because I didn’t subscribe, but it got pretty crazy.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.