Shane Dawson General Discussion

Home Forum Youtuber Discussion Shane Dawson Shane Dawson General Discussion

This topic contains 103 replies, has 61 voices, and was last updated by  cantstopwatching 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 104 total)
  • Author

Hayguise
    Participant
      • Topics Created: 19
      • Replies Created: 1858
      • Total Created: 1877
      • Master Trash Talker
      • ★★★★★

I don’t know too many details, but just watched Shane’s video. Do you all think he’s being shady? It didn’t seem like he was kissing her ass, at least in pt.1

They say she has a gimpy layyyyg

Ketchup
    Participant
      • Topics Created: 2
      • Replies Created: 862
      • Total Created: 864
      • Ultimate Trash Talker
      • ★★★★

I don’t know too many details, but just watched Shane’s video. Do you all think he’s being shady? It didn’t seem like he was kissing her ass, at least in pt.1

I think he’s trying to help her get to the bottom of what went wrong. I think he feels some obligation since his name was tied to the convention. Honestly, she’s a dumb fuck. I don’t know why Shane is friends with her, but we all know he likes to surround himself with failures *cough* Trisha *cough* Jeffree Star… :rofl:

Hayguise
    Participant
      • Master Trash Talker
      • ★★★★★

Agreed on that. I like his podcast, seems like a good dude but then there’s that!

Lucy in the Sky
    Participant
      • Topics Created: 0
      • Replies Created: 594
      • Total Created: 594
      • Ultimate Trash Talker
      • ★★★★

Agreed on that. I like his podcast, seems like a good dude but then there’s that!

Agreed x2; however, it seems based on the trailer for the third/final installment of the series that something juicy is about to go down. I think Tana is holding something really fucked up back… You can hear Shane doing a voiceover that says something to the effect of “it’s time that everyone stop covering Tana’s ass” or something like that. I can’t wait! I hope he posts it tomorrow and not Monday damnit!

Cellophane flowers of yellow and green
    Towering over your head
    Look for the girl with the sun in her eyes
    And she's gone

Chely
    Participant
      • Replies Created: 457
      • Total Created: 457
      • Mega Trash Talker
      • ★★★

I can’t believe he’s still a thing and still so big on YouTube. He is racist and disgusting, he’s done blackface a few times in the past. Not that I’m a Bunny fan but she even is collabing with him. I can’t never escape him from my YouTube feed!

Hayguise
    Participant
      • Master Trash Talker
      • ★★★★★

Ok so part 2 left me really confused on wtf, it almost seems Tana and this dude were in it together?

Who’s Morgan? His assistant?

Fupacabra (Roxymaria)
    Participant
      • Replies Created: 760
      • Total Created: 760
      • Ultimate Trash Talker
      • ★★★★

Who’s Morgan? His assistant?

His boyfriend’s sister. She’s an annoying freeloader.

The way in which he defends Tana makes me sick. She’s a known liar. She fake cries. She faked cried about Idubz saying nig*er when she herself said it plenty of times before.

I cant belive this psychopath bitch is still relevant and makes so much money. WHY are people supporting her when they know she’s a liar and a racist?

Her fake crying on Shane’s video doesnt impress me.

Hayguise
    Participant
      • Master Trash Talker
      • ★★★★★

See I didn’t see it as him defending her, I saw a lot of digs at her. Things like her coming out and crying and he hugged her, that’s just being nice I think. I found myself more surprised that he wasn’t defending her 🤔

I dunno, we’ll soon see in part 3 I guess.

MermaidGirl
    Participant
      • Replies Created: 3
      • Total Created: 3
      • Trash Talker

there has got to be something UP with shane and this whole act of saving youtubers shit. I don’t buy it. I think he capitalizes on failing youtubers in order to keep himself relevant and to protect his good guy image.

HearThatSound?
    Participant
      • Replies Created: 215
      • Total Created: 215
      • Super Trash Talker
      • ★★

He’s trying to make himself into “the Ellen of YouTube” which is why he keeps forcing himself into other people’s lives.  He’s trying to humble Jeffree in his new series but has he forgotten that he is not exactly the typical middle class working 30 year old??

Also it was mentioned that all his friends are users and I definitely see it in Morgan and Ryland. They seem to care Soo much about image and money and vanity it’s crazy.  They treat Shane like a sugar daddy (but he doesn’t seem to mind so okay ig?).  Garrett and Andrew don’t seem to care about all that stuff and are just there to hang out.  And I think Garrett was doing videos before he met Shane too.  Idk.

There was a time when meadow, Grove, and stream,
    The earth, and every common sight,
    To me did seem apparelled In celestial light,
    The glory and the freshness of a dream.

Ketchup
    Participant
      • Topics Created: 2
      • Replies Created: 862
      • Total Created: 864
      • Ultimate Trash Talker
      • ★★★★

Yeah Garrett seems like a good dude and he was doing videos before he met Shane, but I think he was more on Vine? idk for sure, but his channel did benefit by being friends with Shane. Idk about Andrew… he’s basically an employee.

Then there’s Ryland. Like, Shane goes around in cheap looking jeans and his own merch shirts while Ryland flaunts Gucci crap? It doesn’t make sense to me. Idk if Shane is just humble because of his growing up poor, but there’s no way Ryland is making enough money on his own channel to afford that shit.

I will admit, I cracked up watching Ryland wear Jeffree’s clothes. Most just because of Shane’s reactions. I still have a love/hate for Shane. I can’t decide. I agree that he probably acts like a good guy for YouTube, because it helps his image considering his shady past (problematic shit, etc.).

PrettyforNothing
    Participant
      • Replies Created: 595
      • Total Created: 595
      • Ultimate Trash Talker
      • ★★★★

I don’t get these videos.  I guess Shane is trying to “help” these people?  Does he not realize that he has like double the subs that ALL these people have?  He talks about being poor and stuff, but I think he’s far from it.

I don’t know if he’s acting humbled or something, but I don’t get it.

DreamingRaven
    Participant
      • Replies Created: 196
      • Total Created: 196
      • Super Trash Talker
      • ★★

With the Jeffree Star videos hes doing, he literally said that after he released the first video, sponsors started dming him.

I don’t know if hes doing it for the sponsors or whatever, but I don’t think hes as “poor” as he tries to make it sound?

I know YouTubers don’t make as much as some people make it sound, but he did a Taco Bell commercial, hes done music videos that probably still get views. Unless all his videos are getting demonetized, I don’t think hes that low on income.

I find the videos entertaining, but I also feel like he overreacts a little in them to make things seem more shocking and like a bigger deal than they are.

So far all hes revealed in the Jeffree Star videos is that Jeffree has a freaking warehouse and a business thats not just makeup. But that’s not even really surprising.

Seems like hes just doing this for the potential sponsors and views, since a lot of people follow Jeffree Star.  :scratch:

HearThatSound?
    Participant
      • Replies Created: 215
      • Total Created: 215
      • Super Trash Talker
      • ★★

Yeah I don’t understand all the praise on all these videos.  They seem pretty basic and while they are entertaining, they are no where good enough to be a Netflix series or documentary. The editing and camera work isn’t very good and the entire video seems all over the place like he didn’t even bother to think before hand what he wanted to do or talk about.

Him always crying poor is getting old now too.  He literally gave away 10000 dollars in a video because he felt he needed to after embarrassing himself at a store.  Also buying Ryland his Gucci? And letting Morgan live with them rent free?  He still makes millions of dollars no doubt but probably just less than he used to.

There was a time when meadow, Grove, and stream,
    The earth, and every common sight,
    To me did seem apparelled In celestial light,
    The glory and the freshness of a dream.

DreamingRaven
    Participant
      • Replies Created: 196
      • Total Created: 196
      • Super Trash Talker
      • ★★

I get so tired of him crying poor. Maybe he thinks it makes him seem more down to earth and humble so his fans like him more?  :scratch:

Its still annoying though. He’ll probably do a whole new video series after this one with another YouTuber. I hope this doesn’t blow up into him getting some huge opportunity. I don’t feel like he deserves it, hes just jumping on other peoples drama in hopes of being interesting again.  :negative:

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 104 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.